The courgettes are in season now. Therefore, I want to share with you an easy recipe with courgettes and feta-cheese. Since I served this bake my guest, this recipe is in vogue here It is incredibly easy and you don’t have to knead a dough. Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl and evenly spread the dough on a well greased baking tray and bake until golden. À voila, your delicious pastry for your afternoon tea or supper is ready. Enjoy it! Afiyet olsun!
250 courgettes, roughly grated
200 g feta-cheese, grated
1 egg white
250 ml milk
75 ml sunflower oil
2 leveled tea spoons of baking powder
about 350-400 g flour
1 small bunch flat parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
freshly ground pepper
1 egg yolk to brush
3-4 tablespoons sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon caraway seeds to garnish
- Grate the courgettes into a sieve and press the grated courgettes with your hands to discard the juice.
- Add grated courgettes, grated feta-cheese, eggs, egg white, milk, sunflower oil, flour, parsley, chili flakes into a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and you have a nice spreadable mix.
- Preheat oven at 200ºC (180ºC fan). Grease a baking tray well or layer a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread dough evenly onto the greased baking tray or parchment paper. Brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and caraway seeds.
- Bake at 200ºC (180ºC fan) until golden brown. Enjoy it! Afiyet olsun!